More about the Tewin School Pool
For pool rules, click here
Copyright 2009 Tewin Dads. All rights reserved.
The Pool is run by a committee of parents
It relies on the help of parents, both in maintaining and running the pool and in the form of donations, fundraising and subs. No financial support is provided by the School or Herts County Council.
It is a great asset to the school - most schools have filled them in due to the hassle of maintaining and running.
The costs of running are significant, for example:
- One pot of paint for the surface of the pool is £125, it takes 5 cans to paint it.
- Filling the pool with water costs £300 to £400
- Chlorine costs £20 per container and the pool uses one a week
- Other tablets used to keep it clean cost hundreds of pounds
- The school recharges the cost of heating.
- A lifeguard costs just under £40 per shift (and is compulsary)
Financial support comes from:
- Term time subs £25 per child
- Holiday family membership fees £35 per family with one child, £40 with two children and £45 with 3-4 children for the holidays
- Fundraisers like the Swim B-B-Q